Monday, October 23, 2006

Excel Formula

O smart bloggers of the blogsphere, I need your help!

I want to use a formula in Microsoft Excel and cannot remember how to enter it. I used it years ago back in my project management days and it was very helpful.

Basically, I have a very long list of words in one column of a spreadsheet. The formula goes at the top of the list and allows you to enter the first letter or letters of the word you want to find. It then displays the first, closest match. Does this ring a bell for anyone?? I tried using the Help in Excel but couldn't find this particular formula. I think it has something to do with the VLOOKUP function...Anyone, anyone, Bueller? (If you didn't get that, you're too damn young to be reading my blog!)

Thanks in advance you wonderful people you.

0 Comments:

<< Home