Monday, November 27, 2006

Bright, Shiny Soup Kitchen

Gypsy, of Strange, Dark Gypsy Girl, got me thinking about catch phrases.

She participated in my "6 Weird Things About You" meme post and confided that she cannot resist "bright, shiny things." She says, "Even if it's crap, if it looks good I think I want it." Her guy, Lancelot, says the phrase, "Bright shiny things! Bright shiny things!" to her whenever she says she wants something - implying that she doesn't really want it, she's just suckered in by all the "sparkly new goodness."

That reminded me of my husband's catch phrase for me, "soup kitchen." Yes, he is a romantic dear. He employs this phrase whenever daily when he thinks I'm whining too much or complaining too dramatically about not winning the lottery. He says he's reminding me how good I have it. I say that phrase just reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfield and where the hell's my Mulagatawny soup?!

Anyway, do you have any favorite catch phrases that you say to your loved ones or that they say to you?

0 Comments:

<< Home