Sunday, November 19, 2006

Taking Names


OK people, this is VERY important. I need suggestions for Spanish and/or Italian baby boy names! Don't even think it; they're not for moi.

My brother's wife, let's call her Estella, but no, that's not her real name, just delivered their baby boy at 29 weeks. He's only 2 lbs. 11 ozs. but he's doing great. He's going to be in the hospital for the next 6 weeks, though. They didn't find out ahead of time whether or not they were having a boy or a girl. They had a girl's name picked out, of course, but not a boy's, and that's what they birthed.

Estella is from Bogotá, Colombia. Land of coffee and roses, she would say. Land of cocaine, cocaine, and kidnappings, I would say, but that's neither here nor there at the momento. My brother is Italian and has a very Italian-sounding last name. They would like the baby to have a more ethnic name than say, Ethan or Andrew.

I tried to suggest "Nate" and my brother laughed hysterically, saying "Uh, thanks, but Estella has to be able to pronounce the name of her own child." Hmm, good point, good point.

So, they're leaning more towards names such as "Rocco" or "Lucio." They're letting my parents, aunt, and I help them pick the name. I am determined to be the one that suggests the name they pick! I will be able to milk this and hold it over my parents for years to come. I will be the best aunt evah.

Seriously, I am thrilled to be an aunt and I am calling on you for help! I have been to plenty of baby name websites, but I'm just looking for your own personal favorite(s) - whatever comes to mind...I'll be sure to let you know what they end up choosing. Should they actually choose a name a blogger suggests, I'll be sure to publicly bow down to you and put your blog on my 'roll for life. Oh, and I'll mention you every time I talk about my nephew!

0 Comments:

<< Home