|Thirteen Cereals I Loved As a Child|
Yes, this list is stupid and ridiculous but it brings back such happy memories for me. *sigh* Not sure if some of these still exist.
- Cookie Crisp. Oh, so like real cookies! Chocolate chips, too!
- Donuts. These were SO good. Looked and tasted like little powdered sugar donuts!
- Cocoa Pebbles. Yabba Dabba Doo, people! Bonus: chocolate milk to drink after you ate the cereal. FYI: Cocoa Krispies didn't have as much chocolate.
- Life. Who didn't like Mikey? Who didn't want to eat a bowl of Life just to show their older brother they were better than him?
- Sugar Smacks. Oh yeah, pure sugar goodness with a touch of honey. And wasn't there some ridiculous frog?
- Lucky Charms. Before they added all the other colors like chartreuse, puce, and magenta. And didn't they add warlocks and trolls, too?
- Honeycombs. Honeycomb's big, yeah, yeah, yeah; it's not small, no, no, no. What? Are those the stupidest lyrics ever? Yet, what kid didn't go around singing them, come on, admit it!
- AlphaBits. Who didn't make their name from the letters?
- Boo Berry, Count Chocula, and ?? Wasn't there a third in the monster trio? OH, Franken Berry. Kind of redundant, huh.
- Crunchberries. Who didn't eat most of the crunch part and save the now outlawed red dye #4 berries for last because they were the best part?? (OK, made up the red dye part but it could be true!)
- Cocoa Puffs. Coo coo for Cocoa Puffs! Coo coo!
- Frosted Flakes. 'Cause they're Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!
- Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs. OK, not really but I wish this was a real cereal. Sound familiar?? It's from my favorite comic strip Of All Time: Calvin & Hobbes. I even named one of my cats Hobbes. Sadly, he hasn't lived up to his name - he hasn't talked to me once or ran into trees on the back of my sled in ages.
Got any favorites I missed??