Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Look Ma, No Hands!

Glad all the Christmas hoopla is ovah!

I held "Loin Fest 2006" at my house Christmas Day for the inlaws and my husband's sister and brother-in-law. I mistakenly asked the meat dept. guy to cut a certain piece of beef for me without knowing the price; $64 later I'm serving one hell of a Christmas dinner.

Oh, it was fabulous - beef tenderloin stuffed with spinach, goat cheese, bacon and roasted red peppers with port wine sauce; wild rice pilaf with toasted almonds; fresh green beans with a lemon butter sauce, salad with homemade dressing, and Coconut Cake. Just would have preferred to serve a less expensive meal to people who regularly eat Spam.

For Christmas they gave me a trash can whose lid automatically raises when you waive your hand in front of it. Every time I walk by it, the lid flings open scaring the crap outta the cats. Kind of amusing, really.

**Special thanks to "Irish" who coined the term "Loin Fest." And although she suggested I serve it in a box, a la the now infamous Justin Timberlake "Dick in a Box" SNL skit, I did not.

0 Comments:

<< Home