Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wiki Wiki Wiki

Saw this fun little game over at Bobkat's House and thought I'd give it a try. I was always so jealous of my brother growing up because his birthday was on an important day (June 14th - Flag Day) and mine was NOTHING. Ah, sibling rivalry over the tiniest of nothingness, gotta love it.

If you want to play on your blog, here are the rules:

Rules:
1. Go to Wikipedia
2. In the search box, type your birth month and day (but not year)
3. Choose 3 events that happened on your birthday
4. Choose 2 important births and 1 interesting death
5. Post it!

So, my birthday is July 27:

Events:
  1. 1940 - Bugs Bunny makes his official debut in the animated cartoon A Wild Hare. "What's up, Doc?"
  2. 1974 - Watergate Scandal: The House of Representatives Judiciary Committee votes 27 to 11 to recommend the first article of impeachment against President Richard Nixon: obstruction of justice. "I am not a crook." Well, you kinda were...
  3. 1996 - Centennial Olympic Park bombing: In Atlanta, Georgia, a pipe bomb explodes at Centennial Olympic Park during the 1996 Summer Olympics, killing one and injuring 111. Wow, I remember this so vividly. I was living in IL and was in bed with my boyfriend when we turned on the TV. Remember how Richard Jewel was a hero, then condemned, then cleared, then lost his good name even though he had been cleared??
Birthdays:
  1. 1931 - Jerry Van Dyke, American actor. I loved watching him on the TV show "Coach." Remember that show? He was the very dim assistant coach who always screwed up...
  2. 1948 - Peggy Fleming, American figure skater. How cool, always watched her as a kid. (Me as a kid, not her watching me as a kid. See, she's MUCH older than me. But hey, I saw her on TV recently and she looks great.)
Strange point of note: There are an INCREDIBLE number of pro wrestlers born on my birthday - WTH??

Death:
  1. 2003 - Bob Hope, English-born entertainer (b. 1903). I had no idea he died on my birthday. RIP, Bob, you were a hoot.

0 Comments:

<< Home