Monday, January 29, 2007

The Greatest Gift

I just received the greatest gift and no, it wasn't diamonds or expensive chocolates.

I received an email from Mrs. Lillian D. Champion who is the mother of Marjorie C. Salamone, the woman I wrote a 9/11 tribute to. I couldn't believe it - I was so honored she read my tribute. At the time I wrote it, I didn't want to try and contact any family members for information as I felt that might be intruding. You may remember hearing about the 2,996 tribute to the victims of 9/11 started by D. Challener Roe. He was able to get more than 2,996 volunteer bloggers to each write a tribute to a victim of 9/11.

I would like to share the lovely email her mother sent me:

I am Marjorie Champion Salamone's mother. I am 84 years old and still live in Pine Mountain, GA, where Marjorie was born and grew up. Thank you for your tribute to her. She was a very wonderful, intelligent, compassionate person and a great daughter, mother and wife. If you click on Arlington National Cemetery/Marjorie C. Salamone, you can find several articles about her. Her daughters are doing well. Ann Marie, the oldest daughter, has a doctors degree in physical therapy, married a young man who finished law school, passed the bar and is affliated with a law firm in Philadelphia where they are living and where she is practicing pediatric physical therapy. Amanda moved back to DC last year from New York and has been accepted for grad school at both NYU and George Washington University. She plans to attend GWU to get her MBA. Marjorie would be so proud of both of them and their accomplishments.

Click here to read my tribute to Marjorie C. Salamone. Never forget.

0 Comments:

<< Home