Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Big Kiss Off

Husband and I are planning a vacation and I couldn't be happier.

1) Because we haven't been on a non-work vacation in a few years, and 2) We're going the Friday before Thanksgiving and returning the Friday after.

Yep, we'll be missing Thanksgiving with his parents. Do you see me crying? AND, the best part is that it was entirely my husband's idea to go at that time of the year. I had nothing to do with it, not that I'm complaining, but I'm sure my mother-in-law will think it's all part of my nefarious plan to turn her son against her.

Normally, we wouldn't dream of blowing off a family-required holiday in favor of a family-free vacation (OK, I would and do fantasize about it, but wouldn't cause problems by actually doing it), but because we now live so close to my inlaws we feel we can justify being gone on a holiday. Because we'll just see them the following weekend! It's genius, really.

I'm just curious--has anyone else taking off on their own instead of spending the holiday with family? Maybe it's a little different since we don't have kids. We alternate spending Thanksgiving and Christmas each year with each family, i.e., this year it's Thanksgiving with the inlaws and Christmas with my family, and then next year we switch families.

Does anyone else do that? How do you handle juggling holidays? Oh, and we're going to St. Kitts, has anyone been there?

0 Comments:

<< Home