Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fire! And more Whore-to-Go!

Oh, the injustice!

Very first time using my new fire-engine red potholders last night and I managed to set them aflame. While they were on my hands. I watched as the flames licked happily along edges, growing ever larger and wondered, “Huh, why aren’t these suckers (OK, I might have thought ‘&uckers’) flame retardant?”

‘Cause really? Asshat potholder makers everywhere, wouldn’t that be the MOST important factor in constructing a piece of material that is going to be in close contact with extreme heat? I’m just sayin’.

I barely grazed the broiler coil with them as I tried to get my fish out (sea bass in coconut milk with diced tomatoes and adobo seasoning) and they immediately burst into flame. So entertaining, I couldn’t look away! Until I began to feel the heat on my skin and the fire alarm went off. My husband barely looked up from his laptop as the fire alarm going off is a weekly occurrence at our house. What? I can cook, I just like doing so at high temperatures which seem to set off the alarm for no damn reason apparent to moi.

Anyway, no time to talk today! Very busy! Must go search ebay (Thanks Tim, brilliant idea) for “whore-to-go” outfits so I too can look like a cheap strumpet on Dancing With the Stars (see yesterday's post). Now, if only I could dance…hmm, I don’t think my husband will be too concerned with that part.

0 Comments:

<< Home