Monday, April 02, 2007

Chocolate-Covered Strings

Holy crap, people, I won an award! My first evah and I cannot believe it! When I first started blogging, I routinely whored myself trying to win this award or that award and then I thought, WTF? Why do I need someone else to tell me whether I am worthy or not? Besides, I am lazy and all that whoring got way too time consuming.

Then, out of the blue, Bob-kat of
Bob-kat's House bestowed a tremendous honor on me. So tremendous that I must admit I do doubt my worth. I mean, the award is called the "Thinking Blogger." I could understand if maybe I had won the "Rants R Us" award or maybe the "You Are an Asshat Because..." award. Because you see, we don't do much actual thinking over here at In a Big Way. Goes against the corporate philosophy of "Don't do too much because then asshats will just ask you to do more."

But, as I
apparently have fooled Bob-Kat, I will semi-graciously accept my award and run. There are strings attached to this award I found, although they are good. One might call them "chocolate-covered strings" as now I get to bestow the Thinking Blogger award on 5 fellow bloggers. Bob-Kat already knighted a couple that I would also have chosen, so I will branch out into new territory.
  1. Buffy of Plain Simple English because she writes so beautifully and eloquently. Her blog certainly makes me think. Every time I read a post of hers, I think about how poor my writing skills are compared to hers.

  2. tfg of Assclownopolis is a blog I recently discovered but quickly became enamored of. His posts are so funny and clever. "Wordnerdery" approached genius status--I dare you to not laugh out loud.

  3. Carmen of Gone to Plaid is as delightful in real life as is projected through her writing. She makes ordinary situations entertaining and because she travels a lot, you will see fabulous pictures on her blog frequently. Plus, she has a cat named Pooh. How cute is that?

  4. Bluepaintred is another blog that regularly cracks me up. She's a mom to 3 boys and I swear she makes up the stories she posts of things they say. They're too over the top! I guess I have to believe the stories since she is often the instigator. For example, do you know any other moms who would put saran wrap over their kids bowls and toaster as an April Fool's joke??

  5. Finally, the blog that probably makes me think the most is PostSecret. I am absolutely fascinated by it. People send (through snail mail) postcards to Frank, the blog's creator, with their most intimate secrets written on them. Frank posts a new batch of "secrets" every Sunday. The blog has become so popular that he has had 3 books full of secrets published. You can buy the books at Barnes and Noble or from amazon.com.
If I've presented you with this glorious award, the participation rules are simple:

1) If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3) Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

0 Comments:

<< Home