Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Whatever

I'm back from visiting my brother and his family in Florida. Didn't know I was gone did ya?

My parents were also there visiting at the same time so I was happy to see them, too. But dang, I'm truly depressed now. My brother's 9-year-old son from his first marriage also lives in FL, but his mother is moving him to Kansas despite my brother spending thousands of dollars on a lawyer to try and prevent this.

He's heartbroken, as we all are, over my nephew moving so far away. As if that wasn't enough, he just had major back surgery and is trying to recover from that ordeal.

I guess it could be worse. When I read the paper this morning I was bombarded with these ads, "Tired of using Meth?" and "Do you drink too much?"

What the hell? Apparently, if you're on meth or an alcoholic, you can get free help and more drugs. Sure, they're experimental drugs, but they're drugs! And free! Really, I'm glad someone is trying to help the poor crank users, but I am curious who is funding the research in the "state-of-the-art" treatment facility with "payment for attending."

There's an idea; give drugs users cash. I'm sure they'll use it wisely.

What about some free programs for kids who don't have parents at home after school? How about more money to care for homeless, mentally ill people? How about money to help abused animals?

Oh, whatever. Dream on.

0 Comments:

<< Home