Friday, December 16, 2005


Grow Up Peter Pan!

Geez Louise are you kidding me?! Cathy Rigby is STILL, yes STILL, playing the Lost Boy at the age of fifty-freaking-one. She has been doing the role for THIRTY years people. Am I the only one that finds this a little creepy? How are kids supposed to believe in the magic of Neverland when it isn't even credible to them that Pan is a boy let alone male!
Supposedly, this latest play in Los Angeles will be her last. Sure, sure.



Reasons Rigby say she's now ready to give up the role:

  • She acknowledges that at 51 it is getting harder to fly
  • The sword fights with Capt. Hook are taking their toll, including one that resulted in a stab wound in her leg on opening night
  • The real reason (she says): Well, she can't exactly put her finger on it except to say it's time to do other things

Yea, that's right Cathy -It IS time to do other things like oh, I don't know, act female and grown up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Did you know her husband is the producer and her daughter has a part, too - not sure which part, but she's up there on stage as well.

I had an acquaintance fly to NY two weekends ago to see her perform. Hell, I didn't even know that CR was Peter Pan until she went!

12/21/2005 10:24 PM  

<< Home