Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Get Out of My Bed!

A serious power struggle has been occuring in my household, and for once it's not between my husband and I. (I usually win by the way.)

No, this time it's between the dog (Sampson) and the cats (Hobbes and Spenser). It's really cracking me up because they're acting so like human children.

Hobbes has been trying to take over Sampson's bed. Whenever the dog isn't in it, he will sneak on it and stretch out for a nap. This encourages the other cat to saunter over and snuggle in. While they look very cute and content, they have their own bed.

Whenever the 85 lb. dog notices the cats in his bed, he looks at me and whines. What a big baby! Rarely will he ever try to get in his bed when the cats are in it. Well, one day he apparently had enough and went and sat in the cats' bed. Too funny! I love the comic relief my little menagerie provides!

The last picture is of Hobbes and Spenser in their cat bed to give you an idea of how small the bed Sampson is trying to fit into really is.







8 Comments:

Blogger Uisce said...

That is so cute! Our old scrungy cat used to rule the roost as far as the dogs were concerned. Now she's gone and well, one of the dogs, too. Now it's just the one lone dog and she has the pick of the dog beds!

1/18/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

LOL Its funny you posted this, i just took some pics of the same thing going on in my home but havent posted them yet. We got the dogs new beds and our cats have taken them over.

Hugs Suz

1/18/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

That is VERY cute!!!

1/18/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Conners said...

Petu, my big 18 pound feline will go and lay in Shasta's (50 pound) toy box. Poor Shasta, she whines and looks at me pitifully with a big "MOM!" Yes...she says mom.
I have to scold Petu and remove him from the toy box and Shasta licks me with joy.
Petu on the other hand, puts his ears back and scratches the carpet in a way of showing me I'm a spoilt sport for wrecking his fun of teasing Shasta.
The two are great friends...when Petu is in the mood. LOL

1/18/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

OMG!
My cats are almost identical to yours!!! My orange cat has a little white on his face and my grey one is a little more speckled. They could be cousins!!
LadyBug

1/20/2006 9:33 AM  
Blogger shelleyginger said...

Too funny!! I love the photos. Your furbeasties look as spoiled as my Scooter.

Thanks for stopping by and as requested...a photo of my 22 lb hairball is now up for your perusing pleasure.

1/20/2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Lala's world said...

too cute!! our dogs are wimps when it comes to our cat too. they are also suckers for punishment!! they try to chase her she stands her ground scratches them they wine some more and it goes on and on and on.....

1/20/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger M-Fax said...

cute dog!

I like the site

1/24/2006 9:41 AM  

<< Home