Superdog Sampson

Gack, I hate when I can't sleep! And of course it's all the damn dog's fault. Superdog Sampson decided he had to pee at 2 o'freaking clock in the morning. Why oh why? OK, now I feel a little guilty - he's a GREAT dog, I mean, look at that face!
How can you not love that face?! He's 6 yrs. old, we got him 2 yrs. ago from a rescue organization. I intended to get a watchdog/protector type since Todd travels a lot, but anyone who has ever had a lab knows that ain't gonna happen. Maybe he could lick a burglar to death or, at the very least, trip him in his hurry to greet him and invite him into the house to steal whatever he wants.
OK, when I can't sleep I like to make lists. It makes me feel like I have slight control over my life.
Reasons Why I Love Superdog Sampson
- The unconditional love. Despite two major knee surgeries that caused him to miss what he loves most (after food) for months - his daily walks.
- He never holds a grudge. I also have two cats - I know grudges! Even if I leave him for a few hours which is the thing he hates most (after not receiving food when he wants it), he's still so darn happy.
- He wakes up happy. Every damn day. So happy to see ME as soon as he opens his eyes. Drives Todd insane that I am his favorite human.
- He gets me out of the house. Even when it's minus fucking two degrees he insists on his daily walk.
- He hates water. What lab hates water? We live on a lake but this dog has no interest in getting in the water for which I am extremely grateful I don't have to clean his wet ass up everyday. Of course, not wanting to go outside to pee in the rain (he'd never dream of pooping while it's raining out - please people!) is a tad annoying. For some reason he refuses to use the back door to go outside when it's raining and will only use the front door. Whatever.
OK, to be fair I also have two cats, Hobbes and Spenser. I had them before we were married, much to Todd's dismay. It's almost amusing now how he pretended to like them while we were dating.
Reasons Why I Love My Cats
- Their fur is soft when they allow me to pet them without swatting, hissing or biting.


1 Comments:
Hey! I saw you posting over on Hank the Dog’s blog and came over to see your water-hating Lab. My previous Lab Uma used to walk around puddles which I appreciated and she never looked too happy in the rain. But once she was in somewhere actually swimming, she loved it! We never taught her to be a retriever but at the age of 10, she suddenly became one all on her own, retrieving floats at a friend’s cottage. So you never know. As for Rockwell (the subject of my blog), I can’t even get him to come on command so we have a way to go yet!
<< Home