Yes, But Can it Chill in 10 Minutes??
Oh the joys of buying a fridge over the phone.
Husband is in VA working while I remain in Ohio until the house there is ready. We need a refrigerator for the new house. So I have been checking Consumer Reports and spending hours online comparing this fridge and that one. What it comes down to is the "look". There's a chick for ya...I don't care how fast it makes ice, I just want a pretty refrigerator.
And darn it, I think I deserve it for giving up my friends and beautiful home here and schlepping across the country for him.
Anyway, I thought I was quite clear in my instructions to Husband about what I wanted. So imagine my surprise when he called saying he had purchased a different frig. A frig that is stainless steel like I wanted but has black handles and a black ice/water dispenser. Say what?? That is not the "pretty" frig I described to him. I wanted ALL stainless for a lovely monochromatic look. He thought it would be more important to have the "super chiller" feature that can chill food in 10 minutes. "Why do we need this?", I ask him. "Uh, well, I just thought it would be nice", he says. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So, long suffering Husband will be going back to Home Depot this morning to try again. I'm trying to feel a little guilty about this, but as I lay in bed this morning looking at the gorgeous view of the sun rising over the lake behind our house, all I can think of is, "Damn him for making me leave this!"
Husband is in VA working while I remain in Ohio until the house there is ready. We need a refrigerator for the new house. So I have been checking Consumer Reports and spending hours online comparing this fridge and that one. What it comes down to is the "look". There's a chick for ya...I don't care how fast it makes ice, I just want a pretty refrigerator.
And darn it, I think I deserve it for giving up my friends and beautiful home here and schlepping across the country for him.
Anyway, I thought I was quite clear in my instructions to Husband about what I wanted. So imagine my surprise when he called saying he had purchased a different frig. A frig that is stainless steel like I wanted but has black handles and a black ice/water dispenser. Say what?? That is not the "pretty" frig I described to him. I wanted ALL stainless for a lovely monochromatic look. He thought it would be more important to have the "super chiller" feature that can chill food in 10 minutes. "Why do we need this?", I ask him. "Uh, well, I just thought it would be nice", he says. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So, long suffering Husband will be going back to Home Depot this morning to try again. I'm trying to feel a little guilty about this, but as I lay in bed this morning looking at the gorgeous view of the sun rising over the lake behind our house, all I can think of is, "Damn him for making me leave this!"
5 Comments:
Really - why don't they just follow directions and get us what we want??? Is it really that hard?
LadyBug
That sounds TOO familiar.
My husband came home with a DVD player that will NOT play multi regions even though that was the ONLY thing I told him to make sure of.
Now I have all these DVDS from the States I CANT play duh lol.
Auditions
start tomorrow
Aw hang in there. :)
Moving is the pits. Richmond is only two hours away....I go frequently. Maybe we can meet up some time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I hate change.
I'm with ya.
I'm not even moving, and there's still too much change for me to handle.
Getting the fridge you want gives you a little sense of control.
I know how ya feel.
I may have to go to Home Depot tomorrow.
I'm with everyone else. Hang in.
<< Home