The Moving Blues
It hasn't been a great week.
Between trying to keep the house pristine for showings and thinking about the big move coming up soon, I've been a little down. I'm very happy for Husband - this is a great promotion for him and he'll really enjoy the job.
I just hate always being the "reactor". I don't like not having control or a say so, and when Asshat Corporation "offers" you a move, it's not like you can say no. And of course I don't want Husband to, but I am getting a little burned out from moving so frequently. This will be move #4 in 6 years. #5 if you count the house we built and got to live in for all of 3 1/2 months before a work move came up.
I get mad sometimes and think, "This isn't what I signed up for! This isn't how my life was supposed to turn out! What about ME?! What about MY career?"
Despite that, I am delirously in love with Husband so while that does make this all worthwhile, I still have a really bad attitude sometimes. LIKE NOW. I really like the new friends I've made here. It's very hard to make friends in a new town and I end up feeling very lonely day after day while Husband happily marches off to his fabulous new job each day.
I need to find something that I enjoy so much that it will keep me really busy. Still searching...
Between trying to keep the house pristine for showings and thinking about the big move coming up soon, I've been a little down. I'm very happy for Husband - this is a great promotion for him and he'll really enjoy the job.
I just hate always being the "reactor". I don't like not having control or a say so, and when Asshat Corporation "offers" you a move, it's not like you can say no. And of course I don't want Husband to, but I am getting a little burned out from moving so frequently. This will be move #4 in 6 years. #5 if you count the house we built and got to live in for all of 3 1/2 months before a work move came up.
I get mad sometimes and think, "This isn't what I signed up for! This isn't how my life was supposed to turn out! What about ME?! What about MY career?"
Despite that, I am delirously in love with Husband so while that does make this all worthwhile, I still have a really bad attitude sometimes. LIKE NOW. I really like the new friends I've made here. It's very hard to make friends in a new town and I end up feeling very lonely day after day while Husband happily marches off to his fabulous new job each day.
I need to find something that I enjoy so much that it will keep me really busy. Still searching...
2 Comments:
Hey Katherine: Moving that many times is probably pretty hard-I can only imagine. I think everyone has those moments where they give up their dreams for someone else's and you do stop to wonder "what about me?" I know I do. I guess my point is...you're not alone.
OMG, I really can't imagine moving that many times. I think I would go insane! Hope it gets better...
<< Home