I'm Due a Painful Death
So, if I know I'm a bitch and freely admit it, am I still going to to h-e-double toothpicks??
Mother in law calls yesterday and says she and a cousin are coming today and want to see my house. They live 1 1/2 hours away and are coming to see her daughter's house - daughter moved to VA 10 mins. away from us on Monday from Chicago (weird but good coincidence as I like sister in law.)
I'm a little perturbed as we've been here all of 2 1/2 weeks and the house is in no way presentable for company. I try to sidestep because I will be gone all morning trying to find my way around town to sign paperwork in front of a notary and oh, by the way, meeting my husband's boss' wife for the first time. I even say, "It's not the best day for me", but that entire sentence is somehow lost in phonespace. I actually stop and think for a few seconds - hmm, did I say the words or just think them, 'cause there was no acknowledgment whatsover. Instead I get, "Call me as soon as you get home."
Grrr. So 2 1/2 weeks after moving in I'm supposed to show my house to two women who both have dogs that are trained to stay in their 4x10 foyers - I kid you not - so as not to fur-ify the entire house. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be judged when they come to my one lab-two cat furry, dog slobbery, stuff everywhere 'cause I just moved in, house. Who asks to visit so soon after someone moves in??
It just really ticked me off and I thought so many nasty thoughts I'm surprised God didn't smote (or smite??) me on the spot. I got through it and they were nice and polite although I'm sure the whole way home they discussed all the furbunny tumbleweeds rolling merrily along my floors.
Mother in law calls yesterday and says she and a cousin are coming today and want to see my house. They live 1 1/2 hours away and are coming to see her daughter's house - daughter moved to VA 10 mins. away from us on Monday from Chicago (weird but good coincidence as I like sister in law.)
I'm a little perturbed as we've been here all of 2 1/2 weeks and the house is in no way presentable for company. I try to sidestep because I will be gone all morning trying to find my way around town to sign paperwork in front of a notary and oh, by the way, meeting my husband's boss' wife for the first time. I even say, "It's not the best day for me", but that entire sentence is somehow lost in phonespace. I actually stop and think for a few seconds - hmm, did I say the words or just think them, 'cause there was no acknowledgment whatsover. Instead I get, "Call me as soon as you get home."
Grrr. So 2 1/2 weeks after moving in I'm supposed to show my house to two women who both have dogs that are trained to stay in their 4x10 foyers - I kid you not - so as not to fur-ify the entire house. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be judged when they come to my one lab-two cat furry, dog slobbery, stuff everywhere 'cause I just moved in, house. Who asks to visit so soon after someone moves in??
It just really ticked me off and I thought so many nasty thoughts I'm surprised God didn't smote (or smite??) me on the spot. I got through it and they were nice and polite although I'm sure the whole way home they discussed all the furbunny tumbleweeds rolling merrily along my floors.
0 Comments:
<< Home